OK, so I was tagged by Unerachiever! Kind of exciting, huh?!
Books…..a rather pathetic subject when I am involved. You must remember that I am in transit and have just recently sent all of my belongings to auction (Including my Anne Rice autographed hard covers – I could die).
Number of books I own:
Currently there are about 25
Pre Auction there were 592 not including cook books and children’s books
Last Book I bought:
Leadership by Rudolph Giuliani – it was for the husband for Christmas
Last Book I read: The Lorax by Dr. Seuss one of the best stories of all time! I am recording books for a CD I am making for my kids so they can listen to them on the air plane.
Five books that mean a lot to me:
(This means I have to actually think and remember reading them?)
1. Well, Green Eggs and Ham by Dr Seuss. I read it to my kids at least once a day and we have a ball. It is a great book for us because I get to do voices and they laugh and laugh. It also comes in handy when they won’t try something that I cook…It is a good reference.
2. When I was a kid, I read a book called Daphne’s Book. It is about an outcast girl who gets paired up with a popular girl in English class to write a book together. It was a really cliche story, but I always remember it.
3. The Celestine Prophesy was something I read right out of high school. It was important to me because it helped me to see that I was not the only person out there who could see and feel all the energy around me.
4. Like UnDr, I love Shel Silverstein… You must go visit this web site! There is a recording there of Shel reading Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me too and it is wonderful!!! I don’t know which of his books I would choose as a favorite. I love them all.
5. The last book that is dear to me is not one you can buy in any store nor will any two be the same. This book is the book of my life . That link will take you to lyrics of Sting’s song by the same title. My book, is a ratty old scrap book that I keep special papers in, notes, cards, pictures….. I look at it frequently. I have written stories from my grand parents about their lives and our family, I have family trees, I have stories of birth and death and locks of hair and ribbons and bows. My kids love to look through it, and it is my most special book.
Check out the links to other blogs on the right side of the screen…support my friends!
Ahhh….who to tag next….
Sunflower girl – I miss you by the way…are you coming to Dallas or what?
Lulu – It was so great to hear your voice the other day!
Last but not least…..
Billy – where are you lately?